Living in times of uncertainties
Are you feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or suffering from distress caused by anything like a conflict, anxiety from ongoing transformations, concerns regarding the health of a loved one, the actual pandemic situation, ... ?
Did you know the Basel/Kaiseraugst Mental Health Wellbeing Advocates, are trained mental health first aiders? We are 70 advocates across functions, speaking 17 languages. We invite you to connect with any advocate within or outside of your department. MHWA offers initial support through 1:1 confidential, non-judgemental listening and guidance. We encourage seeking professional support at an early stage - in the frame of preventing long term sick leaves.
What do we think about mental well-being? Watch this video to find out.
What do we do?
- Act as a point of contact for a person who may be experiencing emotional distress or a mental health issue.
- Our role is not the one of a therapist or counselor. We cannot diagnose mental health conditions or provide ongoing support.
- Signpost colleagues to support, both within Roche (Medical Services and Employee Counselling) and to external local organizations for mental health crises.
- Promote awareness of the MHWA network and mental health to reduce the stigma.
- These offers are absolutely confidential and is provided during working hours
Additional helpful resources
- Tips on how to survive the time of isolation at home and information for affected employees after stressful events which can be helpful for any stressful situation.
- Transformation: People support tool kit developed by RCC, GPS and PDMA .
- Training: RCC and upcoming offerings e.g. Resilience, Time for change.
- Further resources to improve your wellbeing can be found on LiveWell gSite
- How to prevent burnout for yourself and/or your team? Check out: Leading beyond burnout
Written by Solveig Rabe, Product Owner Health SHE&Compliance
for the Mental Wellbeing Advocates