Increasing opportunities on the labour market

Mr Aschwanden, what do we mean when we talk about hybrid training models?
Hybrid training models can be understood in two ways. On the one hand, they can combine guided and independent study; in other cases they combine face-to-face and digital tuition.

Which form does CMA Solutions offer?
Our innovative concepts are based on the needs of our prospective students. Our hybrid model is a combination of face-to-face and digital teaching. 80% of the resulting lessons are held online and live in order to ensure the greatest possible flexibility. The remaining 20% are held as face-to-face sessions, including some at different companies.

What do you mean by different companies?
Experience has shown us that students are better able to link theoretical content to real life when learned content is also actually seen and experienced with their own eyes. So for us it would not be right to talk about high practical relevance and then not see anything of the practical side of things. That’s why we take our students to where the action is.

What training courses does CMA Solutions offer?
We are currently focusing on preparatory courses leading up to a federal qualification. The following courses can be taken with us:

  • Technical business administrator
  • Sales specialist
  • Marketing specialist
  • Sales manager
  • Marketing manager

Our courses are reviewed on an ongoing basis and can also be extended in line with market requirements.

What advantages do you offer, or rather how do you differentiate your business from other offerings on the market?
We are one of the first providers to launch this model. We strongly believe that future students will need a high degree of flexibility, and this is also being increasingly demanded by businesses. The ability to deliver content to students wherever they are, combined with the latest technology, means we can make the very best use of both the real and the digital world.

Do you not see any losses in quality with live digital teaching as opposed to the familiar face-to-face model?
On the contrary, there are some modules and topic areas which are virtually thirsting for the digital format. Of course there will always also be content predestined to be delivered in person, but that's what our 20% face-to-face teaching component is there for.

What sort of infrastructure do future students need to complete a course with you?
Nothing more than a PC/laptop with a camera and microphone and a stable internet connection. Everything else is handled centrally via a professional learning platform, on which Zoom is already an integral part for the online meetings. Students can use this to work collaboratively on documents and, thanks to an integrated Cloud function, add personal notes to these. And the best thing is: if someone actually misses a session, the lessons are always recorded.

The AVR hopes that quite a few colleagues, and potentially also family members, wanting to acquire further training along these lines can make use of this offering to enhance their employability (both in-house and externally) in this turbulent period.

Written by Adnan Tanglay, President of the AVR